flower care instructions
Extend the life of cut flowers
We’re Here To Help
How can I make my flowers last longer?
- Keep them in a cool spot
- (18 - 22 degrees Celsius)
- Away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, direct drafts from a ceiling fan, and the tops of televisions or radiators.
- (Appliances like televisions give off heat, causing flowers to dehydrate.)
What is floral food and why use it?
- Floral food is a combination of additives that help to nourish the flowers and discourage bacteria from growing in the water. It is one of the best—and easiest—ways to extend the life of your flowers. It is very important to follow the directions on the package correctly. Improperly mixed floral food can do more harm than good.
When your flowers are arranged in water
- Keep the vase filled with water containing floral food provided by your florist. Be sure to follow the directions on the package.If the solution becomes cloudy, replace it entirely. If possible, recut the stems by removing one to two inches with a sharp knife.Remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial growth that can harm the flowers.
When your flowers arrive in wet foam
- Keep the floral foam soaked in water containing floral food provided by your florist. Be sure to follow the directions on the package. Do not save this foam for a future design - it is a one time use